Who you are
You are backend engineer who loves to build useful systems and is also obsessed with efficiency, processes, and automation. As a professional, you like to help other developers to get as much work done as possible with as little effort as required. You strive by automating or eliminating all repetitive tasks while being able to put together a solid backend. Your co-workers might describe you as an engineer who is detail oriented and doesn’t let things slip through the cracks.
What we need from you
- Architect, develop, and document backend infrastructure (databases, logic, APIs, etc.) required to maintain medium to highload projects
- Develop and maintain internal systems and tools to automate repeated tasks and improve team efficiency and development speed
What skills and qualities you will need
- You have a strong understanding of unix tools, continuous integration best practices, networking, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong overall software fundamentals and algorithms
- You are smart, hardworking, flexible, and organized. You put the team first.
- You are eager to learn new technologies
- You care about instilling best practices and processes to ensure development efficiency
- You are comfortable in a multitask/multi-project environment
- Your persistence allows you to dig deep to find issues and problems to find the root of a problem.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills
Additional factors that can help your application (not required)
- Experience with C or C++
- You are currently studying or completed a Computer Science or related engineering degree (Math, Physics, Cybernetics, etc.)
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Proficiency with Python, CI instruments, Git and Github
- Experience in native mobile development (Android or iOS)
- Open source contributions
What we offer
- Unmatched learning opportunities with world class team members who have worked at Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Samsung, TiVo, HP, and others.
- Flexible work hours - work from anywhere and at flexible times, you will always have someone on your team there with you.
- Flat and open organizational structure with family-like relationships
- Opportunity to work on many interesting things from social networks for Hollywood stars to restaurant management systems to gamification projects.