Who you are
You are seasoned and extraordinary self-driven software engineer who is exceptional in software principles and architecture, has solid “soft-skills,” and a passion for leading and empowering development teams to do their best work. You know how to balance compassion for your engineering team with the discipline to meet deadlines. You’re also excited about mentoring others in their careers and instilling best practices and processes across engineering while still getting your hands on code. You are looking to join a team where you can be a leader who owns the health, well being, and growth of the engineering team and the technical success of projects in a dynamic, fast moving and exciting environment that still lets you keep a balanced life.
What we need from you
- Work closely with founders of the company and product team, including direct communication with clients, to provide clear business requirements, estimates, and product context for developers
- Be responsible for overall technical architecture of products and services
- Help estimate and delegate engineering tasks
- Lead the development of best practices and processes for the software development team (e.g. coding style, code reviews, pair-programming, etc.)
- Share your knowledge and mentor younger members of the company
What skills and qualities you will need
- Experience and deep knowledge of fundamental computer science systems principles, algorithms, and architecture
- Strong English, verbal, and written communication skills
- T-Shaped technical skills (i.e. deep knowledge in a few areas and wide breadth of knowledge across technologies) - picking up new programming languages, new development frameworks, and libraries should be second nature to you
- You are smart, hardworking, flexible, and organized. You put the team first.
- Management / Team Leadership experience and succes
Additional factors that can help your application (not required)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid understanding of React JS and React Native
- Proficiency with CI instruments, Git and Github
- Open source contributions
- Experience with C or C++
- A Computer Science or related engineering degree (Math, Physics, Cybernetics, etc.)
What we offer
- Unmatched learning opportunities with world class team members who have worked at Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Samsung, TiVo, HP, and others.
- Flexible work hours - work from anywhere and at flexible times, you will always have someone on your team there with you.
- Flat and open organizational structure with family-like relationships
- Opportunity to work on many interesting things from social networks for Hollywood stars to restaurant management systems to gamification projects.